Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Advent

Posts have been few and far between, for various reasons, non more than, by the time night falls, so am I. Any thoughts or ideas I had at 9:00 am or 2:00 pm are long gone, so another evening slips by. I've tried and have been quite frankly fairly successful in letting my anger go (most of the time) concerning Rome, our so-called Pope, Bishops, Cardinals and the like. Liberals and modernists are useless to me. The media I try to ignore as much as possible. In the end, all of the mentioned above, in any order you like, are all distractions that just take away my inner eye that should be focused on God and my salvation. And when I say 'my salvation' I don't me just me in a selfish sort of way; no, I'm taking about the big pictures: wife, children, family and friends. The souls in purgatory. The Pope, priests. The list can go on and on, and some days it does. One great consolation is this beautiful time of year, as we wait in holy expectation for our Lord. Advent. Joy that comes from deep inside, almost like we are ourselves are giving birth to Him who can only come from the Blessed Virgin. Even on the coldest of December nights the thought of the Manger or the trip by donkey to Bethlehem, or the shepherds in the field will always bring a warmth respite from the darkness of these days. 

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Immaculate heart of Mary, pray for us.

St. Joseph, watch over us.

No comments: