Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What if.......

Just finished reading a couple of articles about parishes in my area that are going to have to share priests, on account of the shortage of priests world wide. It makes me sad, because it seems that every church should have a least one priest, but that, in this day is a dream. Why has it come to this? Is this a divine test of some sort, by God, to weed out the faithful? I don't believe that. The secular world has too many temptations that allow men to stray from the Path of Christ, and some to never return. And to try to find holy men who will step forward from this crowd is becoming harder and harder. So.....
I started thinking. Now I know for sure, and I still feel in my heart that it is not right, but I let my imagination wander a bit, and, especially after reading again an article that told how priests were allowed to marry for about the first 1,000 years(?) of the Church, what, now just what if men who were already married, good, devout catholic men, who for many years have felt the calling to follow Christ, what if those married men were allowed to become priests? And still stay married? I would have to think about that one...
Just something that I've been mulling about...

1 comment:

Searching for His truth said...

That is not allowed! It is not in His plan. Many people want to change the rules, bend them to make them conform to their own needs. I feel that is half the reason we are in the mess we are in. We HAVE TO FOLLOW completely as he has asked. It has been said that a time will come when the Eucharist is scarse. We must prepare ourselves for that time or PRAY, harder, and more often that a change will come.