Thursday, May 03, 2012

The Lord draws all men...

  I'm in a place that I've never been.  I am not a leader, but a true follower, but now here I am; leading a group of men and women who are striving to become Third Order Franciscans.  I will not ask 'Why me?'  I refuse to ask.  I will ask Him 'How', though.  How do I bring the best spirit of Francis to the group?  How do I keep it fresh?  We are going backward in time, into somewhat, for us, uncharted territory.  This coming Monday will be our first meeting and I'm not prepared.  The members are committed to following the old Roman Breviary instead of the Liturgy of the Hours.  We don't really have one!  My copy, purchased on E-Bay is still in the mail.  A reproduction of the original is $295.00.  We've decided to, when called for during the meeting, when praying the Our Father and the Hail Mary to recite them in Latin.  I will learn them both in the tongue of the Church.  Lord, You've given me a full plate, and I hope to fulfill Your every wish.  I know this is You, Lord, working in and through me.  The Lord draws all men to Him!  I can feel you drawing me to you through these difficult challenges you put before me.  How can I resist this life, Lord?  I would be worthless if I did. 

3 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Take a glance at Anne's latest post at Imprisoned in My Bones, kam. God puts you just where He wants you, and gives you just what you need there. Have faith, and just ask: "Lord, what would you have me say and do?" And then just do your best as you feel led. You will not go astray.

I have faith, in Him, and in you.

kam said...

Thanks, Tom, for the re-direct. The realization of God's will is so very important, and like all things of God, so very mysterious. We can only submit and trust.

Daily Grace said...

As I read your post I can't help but think of the Apostles after the Crucifixion, the fear they must have had. But, as they gathered together in the room and prayed, they were filled with the Holy Spirit; and wisdom and courage filled their hearts. They then began to preach with conviction, leading many others to follow The Way.

May that same Holy Spirit fill you up, and may peace be yours.