Thursday, October 08, 2009

Following Francis...

Last night at a special Mass, Joe & Sandy, Loraine, Barbara and Helen and myself professed to spend the rest of our lives living Gospel to Life and Life to Gospel. Fr. R presided and Fr. T assisted. It was, beautiful. The Rite of Profession is done right after the Homily, and Fr. R spoke well. He spoke not only to us, but to everyone in the congregation, reminding us all that God is not done with us yet. I was so glad that my brother and sister were there to hear those words. I just started to write something that I shouldn't, I was being judgemental and I want to stop that NOW. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law also came, my parents and our son and daughter. What a crowd, just for us! The Lord brought great joy to St. Edward Church last night. I so wished that one or both of H's sisters would have come, but no, no one showed. She didn't seem to mind, but I'm sure it bothered her just a little.
I wore my newly made brown vest sewn together by H. It is beautiful! I have no idea where she found the time to do it, but there it was, hanging in the closet two days ago with a card. She really takes good care of me. More on profession later...

5 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Congratulations! Most of the other people who became candidates when I did professed last Sunday, too. It was really beautiful. A friend and I have to wait a little longer because we missed some of the formation; I am always traveling somewhere, and he has to work at the church on Sundays. But soon...we both think we are ready, but we will finish the formation first because, well, we don't know what we don't know, right?

Again, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Tausign said...

Congratulations and blessings to you, your wife and the others who followed God's call to become Secular Franciscans. I get excited at each profession (I made mine in 1987) as I love to review and renew the promises.

May you and your wife embrace your calling with great joy and vigor. Let me offer this old post from my blog as I think it drives home the point of our calling. Finding Your Spiritual Family

kam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kam said...

Thanks, Elizabeth for your comment. I just want to say that it is a beautiful ceremony, and when your in the middle of it it's even better! For me, it was almost like Christmas; the waiting is almost as good as the real thing. But this gift is much better! I thought I was ready about a year ago, but as the day of profession got closer everything I thought I had straight, most of it faded, and other thoughts became more important. Just Our Lords way of turnig us to face him, I guess.

kam said...

For Tausign. Thanks for your kind words and pointing me to that great post. Helen and I, although professing to the Secular Franciscans, we seem to have embraced a few different spiritual ideas. We're both very Marian, so the Blessed Virgin Mother plays a big roll in our lives. With the internet one can be exposed to many great ideas, and that's about where we're at now. The whole experience is still sinking in, but in a very positive way.