Friday, September 25, 2009

Word loss for sure

If this is Friday, then it's a fast day. I don't want to spend a lot of words on this gift that God has given me, but I think now that the more I find it difficult to fast twice a week the more I pray about it and then the more I understand the whole gift. Get it? If it was easy for me I probably wouldn't get anything out of it. After all these years fasting still leaves me feeling, I don't know, more prayerful perhaps for lack of a better word. This is a poor attempt to describe a feeling that I can't even describe to myself. Failure!

2 comments:

Searching for His truth said...

Heaven waits for us to bring everything, our fears, our desires, our love, and to place it on the altar. When I asked why heaven waits, I was given the answer "to allow for self doubt."
We can not do anything alone. Everything is given to us through grace. Fasting is a grace. Maybe that's why so many people don't always understand. We aren't any more special or holy or anything. All we are doing is giving everything we have to him, maybe only for love.

kam said...

Thanks, precious cup!