Friday, September 20, 2013

The Holy Father

I'm just going to rant a bit.

    Can someone explain to me (aside from the obvious, as I see it anyway) why the Holy Father would lead us down the road of "de-emphasis of hot button social issues"?  These last two weeks have left me baffled as to why, truly why a man, elected Pope, can say and evidently turn the face of the church so far away from its theological traditions.  I know why, in my heart and soul I know why, but like I said, I'm just going to rant.

I'd rant more but I've got to get back to work. 

3 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Like minds think alike. I'm just hoping this is yet another misquote or mis-interpretation by the press, printing what it wants to hear, rather than what was said.

Anonymous said...

Don says

I would like to sign on with DO NOT BE ANXIOUS also.

BUT

A very many of the Pope`s Gestures {or as he likes to be called Bishop of Rome } from his 1st night coming out to the faithful, until just yesterday, strongly suggests, that Bishop of Rome; Pope Francis is the embodiment of the conciliar Church. A new theology, A new approach, a {NEW}oops better enlightened church.
When Catholics in the past have written about a BREAK with tradition: A intro of a new Church {sadly some sedevacantist have fallen by this idea}after the council , they were looking at a Church they did not recognize. I think we will now get to walk in their steps, by looking at a Pope we do not recognize.

Catholics that have been fed by the TLM in the Catholic Church from the 1980s until today, have seen, and enjoyed a check in the madness, that followed the council during the 1970s into the early 1980s.

I suspect we will now suffer as our more recent Catholic forefathers did.

Anonymous said...


Don says

sorry for the typo

above should read

Pope Francis is the embodiment of the POST CONCILIAR CHURCH